Saturday, June 02, 2018

The Most Basic Rule for a Mechanech: I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

שמע האמת ממי שאמרה - פתיחת ההקדמה לפירוש הרמב"ם למסכת אבות

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

I saw the above statement quoted today in a parasha sheet under the heading "A Wise Man would say."
(the words in bold were in bold on the parasha sheet).

I loved the quotation and feel that it captures perfectly and succinctly the most basic rule for a Mechanech - one that I myself have used in various permutations and variations - in trying to convey to my talmidim and talmidos what I am trying to accomplish in my interactions with them.

When I searched the statement I found it was made by 
Maya Angelou.

Elegantly expressed!


Image result for people will forget what you said

Note: An astute reader draws our attention to the many variations of this statement at:
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/04/06/they-feel/

No comments:

Post a Comment