Monday, June 28, 2021

80 years l'churban Telshe


https://online.anyflip.com/tjbgm/seit/mobile/index.html

They contacted me.

Accordingly, my grandfather is one of the few non-Bloch-family Telzers featured, and identified in a picture (pp. 60-61, see also pp. 22-23), in the history section.

I only skimmed the hundred pages, but I don't think they mentioned the secret society... 😉

In memory of my grandfather:
HaRav HaGaon Rabbi Dov Yehuda Schochet zt"l
A talmid muvhak of HaGaon HaRav Rabbi Yosef Leib Bloch zt"l
(who participated in writing the shiur da'as: "Emor Me'at ve'Aseh Harbeh.")
niftar 6 Tishrei 5735, and his holy parents:
Reb Meir Shemaryahu B"R Shimon Ya'akov Schochet z"l Hy"d
from the martyrs of the city of Telshe, killed 20 Tammuz 5701, and:
Rachel B"R Yosef Calev (nee Ziv) a"h Hy"d
from the martyrs of the city of Telshe, killed 7 Elul 5701.

No comments:

Post a Comment