Opening Day -
Most of the Answers Were Given by Students
Why is history your most important subject (including limudei kodesh)?
Why is Jewish History essential to Yahadus?
- Know the past so as to combat lies.
- Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.
- זכור ימות עולם בינו שנות דור ודור - Remember the days of the world, understand the years of the generations.
- למען תספר לדור אחרון - In order to tell future generations.
- To appreciate how we got here.
- The Kuzari: Our religion is proved by history - מסורה.
- Everything tracks back to history.
- Appreciate what we have.
- Knowledge is cool.
- Yahadus is based on history and vice versa - seeing the Yad Hashem.
- Why? [Understanding the why's.]
I have to add tomorrow מעשה אבות סימן לבנים.
I also showed a brief video on the Ship of Theseus. For the class from which I took these answers, I left the relevance for tomorrow,